Monday, November 3, 2008

Passion with Cars

This blog is about my passion with cars. Since i was a little kid, i was really fascinated with toy cars and i often play with them inside my room for countless hours. My mom really wonders how can her son play with just a couple of toy cars and last for more than 2-3 hours without tv, radio or even snacks. I couldn't explain to her before that everytime i play with my toy cars, i would imagine a lot of scenarios and instances that my toy cars would participate. This was my childhood secret. You could just imagine if i got a new set of toy cars and when i finally got my first lego set.

My cousin was a big influence with regards to my taste in cars. He got his first car, i think when he was in college.... it was a 1979 Mitsubishi Lancer. His second car was a 1982 Toyota Liftback, his third a 1993 Toyota Corolla XL Big body, his fourth a 1982 Toyota Starlet, his fifth a 1994 Mitsibishi Galant GTI and his current car right now is a 1997 Honda Accord VTI. He also shares cars with his wife, a Nissan Urvan and a Nissan Patrol. Up to this day, he maintains the 1982 Starlet and seldom uses the Galant. He decided to sell his lancer, liftback and corolla xl.

I got the chance to be with him in a lot of car shows, races legal and illegal. Fortunately, we were only spectators. I also met a few friends who also were into races but i guess when we got older, we mellowed down and just decided to stick at home.

My first car was a 1982 Toyota Corona Silver Edition. It was really special to me since i got this car with the help of my girlfriend who is now my wife and the mother of my firstborn. I got the car last 2005, with a bad paint, old interior, beat up engine and without air conditioning. Little by little with our savings, we had it overhauled, painted and even changed the whole interior. We also bought air conditioning and a few accessories for it. We really love our first car and we will never forget our experiences with it.

My next post about cars is our second car and my plans.... hopefully i can save to improve its condition and performance...

No comments: