Saturday, February 7, 2009
Travel in the Philippines - South Luzon Area
This is a continuation of my previous post regarding places to visit if you are planning to take a vacation this coming summer. You can try the following locations:
1. Batangas - Anilao for scuba and snorkelling, San Juan and Laiya for sand beaches
2. Laguna - Pansol for Hot Springs, Los Banos for Mt. Makiling trekking, camping and birdwatching, Pagsanjan for the famous falls, Caliraya lake, Paete for woodcarvings
3. Cavite - Tagaytay for scenery and photography, old churches and historical landmarks
4. Quezon Province - Pagbilao and Lucban for the famous longganisa
5. Bicol Region - Start at Naga City (food and pili nuts), go to Mt. Isarog for camping and trekking, Albay to see the perfect cone of Mt. Mayon, Donsol to see the Butandings (whaleshark). Bicol dishes are one of the best!
6. Mindoro - Puerto Galera for white sand beaches, snorkelling and scuba (although its too crowded during Holy week), Pandan island if you want isolation.
7. Palawan - underground river, lots of beaches and islands to go to, great for scuba and snorkelling a bit expensive though since you need to go by air
8. Tubattaha Reef - this is one the best dive spots in the Philippines and nominated at the new 7 wonders of the world. a bit restricted though and i heard its a 9-10 hour boat trip from Palawan.
Next post.... the Visayas Region.