Tuesday, March 3, 2009

It's My Son's Birthday!



Yesterday was my son's 2nd birthday and we were very happy to celebrate the day with him. Although i had to go to work and attend to our clients, my wife just applied for a leave to prepare pasta, chicken, cake and ice cream for our simple celebration at home with my son's cousins. It was such a simple treat but everyone enjoyed Leon's birthday party.

Leon was particularly enjoying cutting his birthday cake (with a bread knife) up to the point where we actually took the cake away from him because he was cutting it in different sizes and shapes. He also enjoyed eating ice cream but he still prefers eating the cone rather than the ice cream itself. After dinner, upon receiving a couple of gifts, he really showed his appreciation by saying "Wowwwwww" and trying to wear the t-shirts he received from his mom and his cousins.

We are truly grateful that our son has been very healthy because he has not been sick since his 1st birthday, which we just classified as "lagnat-laki". He is always cheerful, playful and full of life when we are around that is why my wife and i are really thankful that God gave us such a wonderful gift. Leon is such as amazing kid that even after a stressful and tiring day, he always make us smile and be thankful for all the blessings we received all these years.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Happy birthday, Leon. Uncle Jan would have brought some toys, too. But seeing that the cake is gone and all that he thought better of it - next time na lang? hahaha.

Dee said...

Happy, happy birthday Leon! God bless you! Glad you had a nice birthday.

Yes, me too, as a mom, all I could ask for is that my son grows up really healthy and all in the family are healthy. I think that's what's really important. The name Leon happens to be one of my favorites.

Regarding the passionate blogger logo, what i do is download it to my computer. Then after, i upload it to a photo host like Picasa. I use Picasa (http://picasa.google.com). Then when I've already uploaded it to Picasa, i link to it from my post. In picasa, you can see a link button on the right side portion and I use that to link to my post. Hope that helps.:)

Have a great weekend! :D